1. Ingrid and David got engaged yesterday! It was their three year anniversary. The ring is gorgeous. They've been waiting for this a long time. Go to their respective blogs and congratulate them.
2. I think The Happy Husband is my current favorite blog to read. The posts are always so good. It's already recommended on my sidebar, but I am double-recommending it here.
3. Benj's blog post today was very insightful. It really caused me to think. (Once upon a time, Benj's blog was described on my sidebar as "deep".) He writes about our reluctance to preach the Gospel, and how we've justified simply living it in hopes that our life witness alone will save the world. As if faith doesn't come from hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. (Rom. 10:17) You might possibly be humbled. I certainly am.
4. I do not think I realize what a friend I have in Amanda. I just assume no one really cares much about me and really isn't interested in doing special things for me. But Amanda is not this way. I'm surprised and touched by how much she's thinking of me as this wedding approaches. I love her. BlogProps to Mandas.
5. Because I do not assume people care about me, this mass work-related email made me feel very good:
It is with the mixed feelings of happy-for-her and sad-for-us, that we bid farewell to Lori Arnold. Lori will soon marry Scott McFarlane and they will begin their new life together in his home country of Scotland.
Please join us for a wedding send-off and farewell reception on Monday, September 13 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the University House, following the Development Group meeting. Since transporting gifts overseas will be a problem, those wishing to make a contribution to Lori and Scott's "Scotland fund" may do so through Leanna _______ in Advancement Services.
Lori began her work in Development in May 2002 as a part-time student worker, and has most recently fulfilled the full-time responsibilities of Report Writer for Ascend. She has excelled in all that she has done for Development, and we will miss her very much.
We look forward to having you join us on Monday, September 13.
Wedding- 14 days
Scott's arrival- 6 days
Business days of work- 4 days
7. Wedding programs are at the printer, and I mailed my first big package to Scotland. (Cost me $94.60, too. Eek.) If you are considering moving overseas, start sucking up to rich relatives as soon as possible.
Have a great Labor Day weekend if yer lucky enough to be from the Good Ole U S of A, and sucks for you if you ain't! (I kid, I kid.)
ADDENDUM 8. I'm adding one more blog that I think is really cool and you should check out. I added it to my recommends but the Theology Thursday posts by Joe Missionary are really insightful. He's my kinda theologian. He relies on the Bible, not traditions and Sunday School.