I have eaten WAYYYY too much today. It's 11:42 and I've had 2 weetabix, 3 teas, a bag of Discos, a Lunchable, an Irn Bru, a cup of soup and a roll. Slow down, there, tiger! Whew!
I think its boredom-eating. I'm so darned bored today. I think I'm going to puke.
I went driving with my instructor for the first time in like a month and a half last night. I did great. I think I would've passed my test, had that been my test. Oh, except for one place where I didn't realise the road was "two lanes" (because it's not, Scottish people just don't know how to enjoy a wide road), and I should've stayed in the so-called "left lane" instead of "merging without a signal" into the "right lane". Whatever. Bull. Anyway, I just need to practice doing my maneuvers more slowly (geez) and start moving my head visibly when I check my mirrors so there's no doubt I'm checking them (geez). I think checking 4 mirrors every 5-8 seconds is dangerous driving. You are paying too much attention to what's around you and not enough to what's in front of you. People could get killed.
I need to get a haircut. I look like a pukeface.
I think people who study the Classics are the funnest people around. They are so lofty (makes me think of Guilliver's Travels, the country that floated above the earth) and so ancient and their sense of humour (if they have one) is so refined and dry... I'm not making them sound fun at all. Anyway, they are and they make me laugh really hard. My friend Evin is a prime example. I haven't seen him in ages, but his blog makes me laugh. Though in person he always wanted to watch really crap movies or play karaoke.
It just occurred to me that these flowers sitting in a vase at our reception area have been alive for about a decade. How do they stay alive so long and how come my husband hasn't bought me flowers recently?
Movies We've Rented Recently
1. Napoleon Dynamite=the most overrated, built-up, not funny movie I've seen in a very long time.
2. Blade: Trinity=the most captivating, action-packed, not-expected-to-interest-me movie I've seen in a very long time.
3. Life Is Beautiful=beautiful, bittersweet, tender, heart-breaking. I couldn't stop the flow of tears.
4. Rearview Window=good, liked it a lot
5. Monty Python: Life of Brian=very funny, not sacreligious or offensive at all like I feared it might be.
6. I *heart* Huckabees=gonna watch it tonight.