So those of you who follow my blog (blessings to you all), I apologize for my recent silence.
I just finished writing my book. I am empty of words!
In fact, even just gathering up the energy to type a short little blog post to say "Hi, I'm still here! Haven't been hit by a bus or caught malaria or fallen into a deep depression over the sudden loss of purpose now that my book is complete!"
(That last one is a very real possibility, though.)
I have, however, been spending my time:
2. Playing horsey on the floor with Jaguar. (I feel I sort of abandoned him in those last weeks, where I submerged myself in writing, coming up only for air and cups of tea made by my long-suffering husband.)
3. Showering. Did you know that writing makes you forget to shower? (Too much information?)
4. Eating desserts, which I always regret the next day like a bad hangover.
5. Sewing. I made myself a bunch more bookmarks (I might have the Guiness World Record on how many bookmarks I now own) and headbands and even a Spiderman skirt, which I was going to wear the other day when it got really warm, but then the cold front came in behind it, and also Jaguar is offended by my wearing Man-Man on a skirt and keeps trying to yank it off me, saying "Mine! Mine!"
6. Selling Girl Scout cookies with my daughters. (Going once, going twice! One more week!)
7. Watching Netflix. I missed Netflix in those last few weeks.
8. Book Clubbing. Okay, it was one night, but dang, I love book club and the book club girls!
I promise you some substance soon, and even have a blog post in my mind waiting to be put down in actual print (type?).
Until then, thanks for supporting me! I am doing all the post-writing crap that goes into publishing a book (and I'm thinking, if I started a GoFundMe, would people actually send me money to get my book professionally edited? Because it's, like, not cheap) but I will have my book available to order soon. Probably in god-forsaken ebook format to begin with. I am sorry. I apologize to the book gods for that. But unless you guys REALLY want to hook me up with a few thou for printing, it's gotta be ebook. I'll send you a bookmark if you purchase it (that you won't be able to use because it's a freaking ebook).
Anyway, thanks for all your support, dear readers!