- The first day of DeBloAdMo
- The first day of our Advent Activity Calendar
- The first day of Banoffee Pie (our Elf on the Shelf)
First - DeBloAdMo: The challenge to blog every day of Advent (December Blog Advent Month). Considering how poorly I performed in NaBloPoMo, don't expect much out of this. But consider blogging December with me as we count down the days to Christmas! Let's even give it a bloody hashtag: #DeBloAdMo
You may choose to write something thoughtful about the holiday season, the advent of Christ's birth, or just post goofy pictures of your elf. (Hands up.) Whatever you do, it's a great way to keep blogging all month long, taking a little bit of time for yourself for reflection or silliness.
Second - Our Advent Calendar List (feel free to borrow/steal any of these ideas for your family advent calendar!)
1. Send letters to Santa.
2. Call Santa (free hotline: 951-262-3062)
3. Check email for message from Santa. (www.portablenorthpole.com)
4. Stay up late and watch a Christmas movie.
5. Drive to Sherwood Forest to look at Christmas lights.
6. Make gingerbread men for the Christmas tree.
7. Film a Christmas video for Granny and Grampa.
8. Have a picnic in pajamas on the floor.
9. Choose toys to donate to charity.
10. Hang Christmas lights in bedrooms.
11. Lolly’s Sleepover birthday party!
12. Eat dinner by candlelight.
13. Christmas breakfast with friends.
14. Go out to eat with family for Lolly’s birthday.
15. Wrap presents to put under the tree.
16. Go to Lucie’s Place Grand Opening to show our support.
17. Make a cake for Daddy’s birthday.
18. Go on a family adventure trip to Fayetteville and see lights on the Square!
19. See new Stars Wars movie.
20. Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows.
21. Eat Christmas pancakes for dinner.
22. Cut out snowflakes and hang them.
23. Call cousins in Texas and Scotland to say Merry Christmas.
24. Go to a carol service, then put out snacks and reindeer food for Santa’s sleigh team!!
Looks like he took a flight this year instead of driving. He must be feeling flush. We are all very excited to see what shenanigans he gets up to this year. (And by we I mean the kids. Me? I just feel tired.)